Highly-experienced and hybrid-skilled creative designer + project manager bringing a proven knowledge of imaginative design, strategic planning, vision, communication, and management with experience in a diverse set of industries including B2B, SaaS, banking, healthcare, energy, travel, and high-tech.
Creative + Strategy
Highly organized and detail oriented senior marketing leader with extensive expertise on both client and platform side with a focus on business results. Dedicated to finding the most cost-effective and creative solutions for all challenges. Responsible for shaping creative strategy and overseeing visual direction that brings creative concepts to life and engages audience across media and platforms. Proven track record of meeting demanding deadlines, working effectively with cross-organizational teams and developing strong internal and external relationships.
Fierce brand ambassador and guardian able to develop and implement brand strategy, messaging and content creation across various media and platforms.
Extensive experience managing teams of diverse personalities and skill sets in deadline driven environments, leading cross-departmental team collaboration, and fostering relationship building within the industry.
Project management, strong verbal communication, content creation, graphic design, content creation, branding, brand management, concepting, strategy consulting, event management.
Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, social media platforms, HTML, CSS and industry leading content management systems (CMS) and marketing automation platforms. What you’re looking for not on the list? I’ll learn it!
Project Manager/ Graphic Designer
Wahine Creative, Austin, TX, August 2013 – Present
Senior Project Manager and Grpahic Designer serving both local and international clients. Design, develop and implement brand strategy, brand messaging, and content creation for multiple clients. Mange multiple projects and contractors concurrently. Focus includes brand strategy, marketing consulting, social media strategy, Web design & development, WordPress development, HTML, CSS, and E-mail campaigns.
• Collaborate with project stakeholders to gather project requirements, determine scope and create project budgets
• Track project timelines, deliverable, and budgets
• Utilize clients’ Marketing Automation software to create email templates, manage email campaigns
• Utilize project management tools such as Asana, Basecamp and Trello to manage project initiatives
• Manage team of creative, development contractors
• Design and implement digital and print marketing assets for clients – Email, Ebooks, landing pages, micro-sites, drip campaigns, trade show booths, corporate brochures, letterhead, fliers, postcards, business cards
• Entrepreneurial mindset, team player
Digital Marketing Manager
Drillinginfo, Austin, TX, January 2011 – August 2013
Rapidly growing Fortune 500 company. Develop, implement and manage integrated marketing strategy and messaging across platforms and media: print, events, UI/UX design, Website design and development, e-mail campaigns, social media, landing pages, SEO and PPC. Develop and implement brand standards and collaborate/communicate cross departmentally with multiple teams, both domestic and international. Art direction, management of contract freelancers. Team player with proven track record.
• Team leader, art director/manager of creative team members and contractors
• Restructure a one-off product into a packaged deal and pushed via email, digital ads, and landing pages. Generated over $1.25M in revenue.
• Manage a $1.5M budget.
• Utilize CRM to manage email campaigns and client contacts; average open rate was above 30%.
• Collaborate with Sales to ensure follow-up with web-generated leads
• Lead marketing, branding efforts leading up to a $165M funding round
• Manage all social media accounts (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter)
Senior Interactive Designer / Developer
Oak Sanderson, Austin, TX, June 2006 – January 2011
Senior Interactive Designer and Developer for boutique advertising agency. UI/UX design and program web front-end to meet client requirements. HTML, CSS, Flash, CMS.
• Establish budgets and job requirements and create project plans for clients
• Team leader, art director/manager of creative and developer contractors
• Deliver high quality marketing deliverables to meet client’s marketing outcomes
• Design and implement digital marketing assets for clients – Ebooks, landing pages, micro-sites, email campaigns
• Design and create print materials – trade show booths, corporate brochures, letterhead, fliers
Senior Designer / Project Manager
Dougal D. Thornton Associates, Tortola, BVI (British Virgin Islands) December 2003 – September 2004
Web and print design for a British Virgin Islands-based photographer. Press checks, photo retouch, SEO management. Managed all in-house design projects and day-to-day office activities.
• Estimate budgets for bidding and project implementation
• Successfully communicate with multiple, ongoing clients on a daily basis and manage client relationships
• Analyze and report Website data; effectively communicate findings and make recommendations for improvement
• Design and create print materials– trade show booths, corporate brochures, letterhead, fliers, postcards, calendar
• Establish job requirements and create project plans for clients
Senior Designer, Project Manager
CPMD, Tortola, BVI (British Virgin Islands), January 2003 – December 2003
Project management, Web and print design for small marketing and Web development studio located in the British Virgin Islands (BVI). Worked closely with development team to ensure designs were properly translated into code. UI/UX design and testing of custom-developed CMS systems and online retail stores.
THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT AUSTIN, Bachelor of History, Minor in Art History